Teseo Capital - a prestigious and developing Family Office located in Luxembourg – is looking to add to its investment management team an Equity Portfolio Manager/Analyst (EPM) that will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer.
The candidate will be part of the team responsible for selecting investments and managing the financial portfolios of the Family Office. He/she will work primarily on the Equity portfolios, which comprise both active and passive strategies. Additionally, he/she will be involved in other types of strategies, including illiquid and private investments (e.g. Private Equity and Special Situations).
The EPM will focus on the Equity portfolios and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct research on the macro and capital market environment as well as on the global spectrum of equity investment opportunities, from single stock analysis to sector/region deep-dives, and fund/product analysis (also including the area of “alternative beta” solutions and “smart beta” index strategies);
- Perform fund due diligence, from initial search to conducting deep IDD (and light operational DD when appropriate), and conduct research trips as needed;
- As part of a relatively small team, participate in the due diligence process and monitoring of investments in other asset classes (if required).
- Contribute to sourcing, screening, performing on-site due diligence, and structuring of investment opportunities in the Equity world;
- Build and maintain Excel-based models to analyse investments;
- Deal with External Managers and all parties involved in a new investment;
- Interact with external advisors/consultants;
- Cooperate with the internal support teams (operations and legal);
- Produce due diligence reports and maintain deal database;
- Prepare and discuss investment memos and proposal documents.
Portfolio management and monitoring:
- Manage Equity portfolios, propose investments and rebalancing;
- Track performance of all Equity investments as well as business developments of the funds invested and /or covered;
- Attend Annual Meetings organized by Fund managers and participate in (and report on) their periodic conference calls;
- Carry out regular peer group analysis and participate in conferences and other industry-specific forums;
- Prepare regular investment performance reporting for the area of competence.
- Participate and help to arrange internal investment meetings;
- Contribute to prepare reporting material for internal use.
The ideal candidate has the following background, skills and experience:
a) Educational background:
Degree in Finance/Economics with strong academic credentials or any scientific degree ideally coupled with a Master in Finance
b) Previous work experience:
Total work experience of 7-10 years (minimum) in similar positions as equity analyst, trader, and/or portfolio manager at internationally-oriented organizations such as banks, asset managers (incl. hedge funds), family offices or investment advisory firms.
c) Required professional skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Equity investment strategies and landscape (including ideally also long/short strategies).
- Proven and good expertise in conducting due diligence, screening and monitoring investments in the Equity space.
- Very good command of MS Office package: (Advanced) Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High familiarity with Bloomberg workstation (or similar market analytical tools) and external databases or research platforms dedicated to hedge funds.
- Ability to build Excel-based valuation models and monitoring spreadsheets.
- Superior ability to produce investment reports, internal memos and meeting notes.
- Ability to deal with external advisors (e.g. legal) to effectively perform a complete due diligence over selected investment opportunities.
d) Additional professional expertise and attributes:
- Good knowledge of statistical-econometric principles and superior command of quantitative analytical tools (VBA is a plus) and portfolio construction techniques.
- Expertise in Private Equity investments would be a strong plus.
- Post-graduate Master in Economics or Finance.
- CFA member or candidate.
e) Personal Attributes:
- Flexibility and interest in performing multiple tasks.
- Aptitude to work toward set goals and to problem solving, and ability to execute fast.
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with colleagues.
- Proactivity and ability to work autonomously.
- Good communication and relationship skills.
- Available and keen to travel around the world for business trips.