The Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) is a Luxembourg public institution and the financial supervisory authority in charge of the supervision of the Luxembourg financial sector. In accordance with the Luxembourg draft bills of law n°7467 and n°7512 and in reference to the implementation in Luxembourg of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) modified Interpretative Note to the FATF Recommendation on New Technologies, virtual asset service providers will be subject to the CSSF’s anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) supervision in Luxembourg (cf. CSSF press release dated 15.01.2020).
In the framework of carrying out these new supervisory duties, the « Innovation, Payments, Market Infrastructures and Governance » department is recruiting a:
Economist / Legal expert – AML/CFT for VASP (m/f)
Ref. « IPIG-AML/CFT-VASP »
- AML/CFT risk analysis for virtual asset service providers (VASP);
- Contribution to the determination and implementation of a supervision and evaluation methodology for AML/CFT risks for VASP;
- Determination of the risk profile of VASP;
- Evaluation of the AML/CFT preventive measures of VASP as well as of payment and electronic money institutions (PI/EMI);
- Participation in both on-site and off-site AML/CFT supervisory missions at VASP as well as at PI/EMI. Follow-up of controls reports related to these missions ;
- Participation in internal AML/CFT working groups ;
- Participation at international meetings ;
- Analysis of questions and drafting of opinions concerning AML/CFT issues relevant for the VASP as well as the PI / EMI sector.
- Master’s degree in law, economics, finance or management (four or five year university degree);
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in the field of AML/CFT (audit or consultancy firm experience, Compliance function, or similar …);
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework and Luxembourg AML/CFT regulation;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of Luxembourgish and/or German would be an advantage;
- Excellent oral communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Well organized, and good people skills;
- Flexible and ready to take initiatives;
- Capacity to work independently as well as natural willingness to exchange and share knowledge.
Applications have to be submitted via the CSSF's online application form.
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).