- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 19 Sep 18
Country Head of Audit
- Full time
We are recruiting for the Country Head of Internal Audit for a large international bank. +10 years experience within an internal / external audit environment along with excellent local regulation knowledge is required. The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication skills, and be able to lead and direct teams on a local and global level.
Country Head of Internal Audit (M/F)
Reporting to the Country CEO, you will be responsible for establishing, directing, overseeing and delivering the overall audit approach and resulting plans for Luxembourg.
This role is a senior position in Luxembourg and attends the country Executive Committee and Risk Management Meeting.
The role holder shall ensure that the following objectives are met:
* Identify and assess developments in Luxembourg and assess impact on the bank and global internal audit coverage;
* Ensure that audit coverage in Luxembourg is sufficient in terms of depth and breadth;
* Design an audit approach and detailed programs to assess the management of Luxembourg;
* Lead and contribute to related audit work, supporting other audit teams;
* Contribute to the optimisation of methodology and coverage reflecting best practice and regulatory requirements;
* Manage the follow-up, tracking and reporting of relevant audit issues;
* Lead a team of audit professionals. Provide clear direction and support to the team;
* Maintain ongoing, consistent interaction with executive and senior management of relevant business areas;
* Escalate significant issues to executive audit and business management;
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the operational risk policies and internal control procedures;
* Assess the impact of internal and external developments on the areas of focus and adjusting the audit plan as necessary in response.
The Candidate Profile:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in Business or Economics.
*At least 8 years' working experience either internal/external audit, internal control or Risk Management
* Inquisitive and analytical minded
* Ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to work under pressure, to manage higher responsibilities and to respect deadlines.
* Energetic, results-focused, change agent, with a strong work ethic.
* Outstanding communication skills, capable of dealing with all internal clients and intermediaries at all levels.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with a positive and pro-active 'can do' attitude.
* Ability to work effectively with regulators, external auditors, consultants, Executive/Senior Management, other control functions and governance/steering committees.
* Ability to lead and direct a team of experienced/qualified professional staff and be able to motivate, encourage and challenge them to provide high quality and value-added results.
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken; other languages a definite advantage.
Our client is a global international bank.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.