Corporate Secretarial Administrator
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Ro
l e/ Department:
Our growing multi-cultural team is currently composed of 16 dedicated members, providing an extensive range of services to a large variety of fund and company structures. As Corporate & Domiciliary Services Department we ensure integrity of the governance framework and are responsible for the efficient administration of our clients' funds and companies. We ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, communicate and implement decisions taken the board of directors and handle communication with various stakeholders. Further we provide all services associated with our duties as Domiciliary Agent for our clients. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Manage the statutory requirements of a portfolio of Luxembourg (and other jurisdictions), listed and unlisted, with supervision
• Manage and mitigate risk, within the day to day activities and escalate as appropriate
• Maintain statutory books and regulatory filings for the assigned portfolio of clients
• Organise, prepare agendas for and attend client board / investor / committee meetings
• Produce minutes, action points and follow up for clients within agreed deadlines
• Review of corporate documentation for the portfolio of clients (articles, agreements, prospectus, financial statements, service level agreements etc.) from a corporate secretarial perspective
• Liaise with internal and external parties as needed (i.e. client, regulators, lawyers, notaries, embassies, client relationship delivery managers, operational teams etc.) Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• University qualification
• Experience in a corporate environment is required and Knowledge of Diligent Boardbooks or any other board packaging software would be an advantage,
• Fluent in English - French, knowledge of German is an asset,
• Exposure to various types of investment vehicles including, but not limited to, SICARs, SCAs, SICAVs, FCPs and Management Companies
• A basic understanding of the Luxembourg legal environment
• Exposure to client facing situations would be an advantage
• Any experience attending board meetings and taking minutes would be an advantage
• Strong written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and escalate potential risks
• Ability to work in a team and with external parties
• Ability to travel (if needed) Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.