Compliance Specialist – Luxembourg
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
PURPOSE: Using discretion and judgement, this position will support the Compliance Officer - Lux on AML and other Compliance matters as they relate to MFS Investment Management Company (Luxembourg) S.à r. l . The position will assist in monitoring activities and procedures to ensure compliance with MFS guidelines and policies; and, where required, provide day-to-day advice on various compliance issues.
Additionally the position may support the wider EMEA Compliance team across a range of compliance-related activities as deemed appropriate. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Using a full understanding of applicable rules and regulations, including EU and the CSSF and working with the MFS Compliance team, perform the following responsibilities:
- Monitor AML compliance, and liaise with the Transfer Agent State Street Bank Luxembourg / IFDS where appropriate
- Advise on underlying client documentation required to put investor in good (regulatory) order
- Assist in the preparation and submission of regulatory filings
- Leveraging MFS ' regulatory change management process, t rack new and emerging regulatory changes taking place in Luxembourg
- Review AML-related escalations received from the Transfer Agent and provide a recommendation to the Compliance Officer - Lux
- Assist the Compliance Officer - Lux in performing periodic due diligence on delegates of MFS Investment Management (including other MFS entities)
- Review periodic reporting received from delegates
- Assist in monitoring of investment compliance, including restriction monitoring, pre-trade and post trade alert monitoring
- Perform compliance related activities as needed, supporting the EMEA and wider MFS Compliance department's compliance programme, including but not limited to, assisting with review of marketing materials for use in the EMEA region.
- Work with the Compliance Officer - Lux in the application of rules and regulations to the MFS Luxembourg fund products
- Advise the Compliance Officer - Lux on issues or concerns detected during the review of reporting received by delegates of MFS Investment Management
- Act as primary contact for the MFS third-party transfer agent (State Street Bank Luxembourg / IFDS), MFS Offshore Funds Monitoring Group and the MFS International Limited Operations team
- Participate in projects that involve interactions across MFS, address concerns, present solutions and identify ways to mitigate risk exposure
- Work on compliance projects and regulatory initiatives.
- Work with other AML Team members in the maintenance of the global and roll-based AML / Sanctions training module
- As needed, work with the global Compliance Training team to develop and provide training on regulations and/or clients' requirements
- Maintain library of Luxembourg remediation and ongoing due diligence best practices for their application to future projects within AML Compliance and beyond (Common Reporting Standards due diligence project).
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Must have at least 3 years relevant work experience. Strong working knowledge of investment management operations and advisory functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer-service, team working and problem solving skills. Must be able to write effectively, and present research, analysis and conclusions in a persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong interpersonal relationships and to maintain effective cross- functional teams throughout the organization.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Able to effectively drive solutions throughout the organization and present ideas in an effective, non- confrontational manner.
- Understanding of the business operations and practices, procedures and controls specific to the business units supported is required. Must be fully aware of best practices and evolving issues within scope of the position and able to relate it to MFS' operations and practices.
- Project management skills and the ability to analyze operational effectiveness are required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to develop proficiency in MFS systems as required to perform the duties of this position. Must be able to conduct on-line research and to utilize applicable tools.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."