Client Service Manager, Product Control
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Working in the Fund Administration Product Control team in Luxembourg, you will be part of a team that is central to the success of our fund administration activities, with responsibility for the validation of funds administered in Luxembourg – UCITS and SIFs. The team are in close contact with internal and external service providers in the investment fund business (e.g. portfolio managers, fund development specialists, management companies, auditors and regulators).
Main duties will require you to:
• handle communication with PMs, risk managers, Manco delegation oversight, auditors and Depo Bank oversight on investment compliance issues
• represent Fund Administration services internally and externally, namely addressing clients’ queries/requests
• Act as general expert for Fund Administration matters in discussions with clients and auditors.
• Contribute actively in the collection of market intelligence on regulatory developments/interpretations and on industry best practices.
• Assists the various Fund Administration servicing teams to excel in their tasks and identifying opportunities for improving efficiency and performance.
• Support the different Fund Administration teams in the major integration project and migration of Fund Administration operations to the target operating model
Qualifications and skills required:
• The ideal candidate will be educated to third level in a relevant field (e.g. accounting, finance, economics or similar)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the investment fund industry is required and the successful candidate will demonstrate sound knowledge of investment fund law and fund accounting
• Good command of Microsoft Excel; familiarity with MIG21 or GP3 is a strong asset
• Ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
• Champion cooperation and partnership with your team colleagues, while able to complete tasks independently
• Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with people at all levels and presenting to clients and management
• Organized, conscientious and strive for an error-free performance
• Fluent in English; French or German a plus
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $139 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management