Client Service Management - Anti Money Laundering
Transfer Agency, Client Service Manager
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion. Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Responsible for managing and facilitating the investor on-boarding in the Alternative Investment Funds (PE/RE)
• Collaborate with AML team to ensure that AML/KYC requirements are delivered to the clients accurately and timely
• Act as a main point of contact for new client on-boarding to address questions related to AML/KYC policy requirements
• Liaise with different departments about client queries and liaison between client and AML team.
• Prepare AML presentations and attend client meetings
• Ensure Transfer Agency is represented suitably in AML workshops for clients
• Maintain the knowledge from AML experts and keep abreast of money laundering policy changes and industry practice
• Interact with Compliance as necessary to fulfil AML requirements appropriately
• Respond and resolve client and partners requests accurately and timely
Ensure excellence in the quality of the outgoing communications and that all e-mail requests are acknowledged or answered by end of business day
• Review and update Client Servicing procedures
• Escalate issues to Head of Client Service Management, Head of Transfer Agency, Service Delivery Manager and Relationship Manager as appropriate
• Collaborate with business partners at locations outside Luxembourg
• Participate in new client projects and initiatives The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Graduate or above
• Proven operational and client experience working in fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably in Transfer Agency or similar function
• Knowledge of Alternatives business is an added advantage but not required
• Knowledge of AML/KYC applicable laws and regulations
• Understanding of the Luxembourg regulatory framework
• Intermediate Microsoft office
• English, spoken and written (required)
• Any other language is an advantage Personal skills:
• Strong team player, dynamic and flexible
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to details and focus on quality
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Strong analytical and influential skills
• Sound knowledge of financial markets
• Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (essential)
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.