Chief Risk and Compliance Officer
Fantastic Opportunity to join an established and successful Alternate Investment Fund Manager in Luxembourg! The ideal candidate will successfully operate a dynamic team and have Luxembourg fund services industry experience and relevant risk management and compliance experience.
CHIEF RISK OFFICER
• Be leader of the Risk Management team of rapidly growing third-party AIFM, co-operating with conducting officer responsible for risk and reporting to Risk Committee and the Board of the AIFM;
• Be responsible for maintenance and amelioration of the risk system of the AIFM, policies and procedures primarily for private equity, real estate and debt strategies
• Organize and/or perform initial and regular risk assessments for managed funds;
• Organize and/or perform initial risk assessments (ex-ante) for transactions made by the managed Funds and for their disposals
• Participate in co-ordination and/or production of regular and ad-hoc reports to the senior management, investment committee, risk committee and the Board of Directors of the AIFM and to the regulator. Ensure identification of potential or actual breaches of the risk limits and compliance of the funds with their risk profiles;
• Support the monitoring of investment compliance of the funds under management; co-operate with portfolio managers and the compliance team
• Make sure that a log of risk events for the Funds is maintained
• Co-ordinate exchange of information between the administrators, investment advisors, depositaries, etc. Communicate with the professional of the clients.
• Assist in the analysis and implementation of regulatory changes (CSSF Circulars, UCITS, AIFMD, ESMA guidelines);
CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER
• ensure that the AIFM and the fund under its management are always consistent and comply with applicable laws regulations.
• ensure we comply and meet our KYC obligations as you organize and conduct automated KYC screening and reporting, safeguarding us from potential risks.
• Academic degree in finance, economics, mathematics or equivalent;
• Professional qualifications (CAIA, CFA, FRM) would be considered an advantage;
• 5 to 8 years of related experience in Luxembourg fund services industry with relevant risk management and compliance experience. AIFM experience is required; UCITS V experience is welcome
• Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English;
• Able to organize and manage work of the risk and compliance team;
• Understanding of risks related to financial instruments;
• Good understanding of financial mathematics, statistics and modelling techniques;
• Analytical mind and ability to understand technical subjects;
• Able to read and understand legal documentation;
• Good level of skills in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access);
• Awareness of fund industry related regulation;
• Familiarity with at least of one of the following strategies: Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds required.
• Profound knowledge on AIFM legislation and CSSF Circular 18/698
• Deep knowledge on Luxembourg AML and AIF Compliance laws
• Profound knowledge in Delegates Oversight and Complaints Handling will be considered as a plus
Bruin is an independent recruitment consultancy with an exclusive focus on the financial and professional services sector.
Bruin is preferred supplier to the world's leading institutions who value our boutique apporach, our Consultants' in depth knowledge, and our award winning diversity and inclusion services.
As a specialist consultancy, we focus on assisting experienced candidates in our core areas and partner with clients to provide tailored advisory solutions.
Our core areas across the UK and Europe include:.
Acturial; Broking, Underwriting & Claims; Change Management & Technology; Compliance; Credit & Risk Management; Finance & Accountancy; HR & Secretarial; Investment & Middle Office; Legal; Operations; Pensions & Employee Benefits; Sales & Marketing
Our Consultants are some of the most experienced financial and professional services recruiters in the UK, offering expert advice and insight into the current jobs market. Whether you are seeking a short term assignment that suits your availability or the next permanent step in your career, our Consultants are on hand to help you secure the role that matches your needs.
Bruin has been recognised by a number of industry awards for our innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives. As a business we are vocal champions for a diverse talent pipeline and are proud of the reputation we have built in this area.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons - men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.