- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 14 Mar 18
Chief Internal Audit Officer (M/F)
- Full time
We are currently recruiting for a CIA for a bank based in Luxembourg City. +10 years of experience are required along with a strong knowledge in the banking / financial sector, ideally with an experience within a Big 4 structure. English and French required. Chinese is considered an advantage.
Chief Internal Auditor (M/F)
The Chief Internal Audit Officer is in charge of the strategic management of the Internal Audit function in accordance with the objectives defined by the Board Audit Committee.
* Maintain and ensure the strategy and development of the Internal Audit of the Bank by supervising the definition of the annual audit plan;
* Ensure planning consistency of audit missions and recommend the improvements to the internal controls and systems that are necessary to ensure the effectiveness of all levels of management in their stewardship and responsibilities in the implementation of policies and procedures;
* Ensure the technical and/or professional recommendations are adequately implemented and have a significant short-term and long-term impact on the business;
* Regularly update the General Management collectively and individually to ensure the key risks of the Banks are identified, mitigated and monitored;
* Develop the advisory role of the Internal Audit department to help the Bank to maintain its internal control environment according to the highest standards and best practices;
* Supervise the Internal Audit Budget;
* Supervise any reviews or tasks requested by the General Management and/or Board Audit Committee;
* Communicate and coordinate coverage with the external auditor and the supervising authority/regulator and be the interface between the Bank and the latter as far as internal audit is concerned;
* Coach, manage and develop the Internal Audit Team to allow them to grow individually and take responsibility for audits as well as other activities;
* In order to ensure the independence of the Internal Audit function, the Chief Internal Audit Officer will report directly and regularly on the execution of his duties to the Board Audit Committee and the Board of Directors (hierarchical reporting) but also to the General Management (functional reporting) as appropriate.
The Candidate Profile:
* Minimum 6/8 years' experience in management of Internal Audit acquired mostly within the banking/financial sector or an audit firm;
* Master in finance / economics, depending on professional experience;
* Fluency in English and French. Chinese is considered as a strong advantage;
* Good general knowledge and understanding of the banking and financial activities, products and operations;
* Very good knowledge of the banking/financial industry regulatory framework both at the local and international levels;
* Ability to travel approximately 10-15% of work time;
* Advanced oral and written communication skills along with problem solving and analytical skills;
* Team management while being highly organized and detail orientated;
* Committed, confident, determined, self-motivated and with work ethic;
* Willingness to take business trip due to the business needs.
Our client is a well-known international bank.