The European Union's bank is seeking to recruit an (Associate) Risk Officer – Capital Planning in the Risk Management Directorate - Capital Planning Unit.
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Regulation and EIB Group Risk Department – Capital Management Division – Capital Planning Unit - at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Risk Officer – Capital Planning (*). This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
The term of the contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for January 2021
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(*) internal benchmark: (Associate) Credit Risk Management Officer
Contribute to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of EIB’s capital planning framework in order to ensure capital sustainability, efficient capital allocation of the current and future EIB Group Operational Plans, and efficient capital planning process overall.
The Unit’s responsibilities are to:
- Develop and maintain the Capital Sustainability Framework
- Coherently with the above, further develop and maintain the Risk Appetite Framework
- Further develop and maintain the Capital Contingency Plan and the Recovery Plan
- Develop and maintain tools (e.g. projection models) to support the capital planning activities
- Contribute to the ICAAP and to the Operational Plan process
- Develop and maintain an appropriate capital allocation tool
The position’s main focus will be supporting the capital consumption estimation on a projected basis, together with analysis and reporting (capital adequacy metrics, capital adequacy projections, implementation of changes in the regulatory framework, stress testing, simulations, compliance with best practice in risk management, etc.).
Reporting to the Head of Capital Planning Unit, you will work in close collaboration with colleagues of the Capital Management Division, with sporadic contacts across Risk Management and with other Directorates (e.g. notably with RM’s Financial Risk Department, the Front Office, IT, the Bank’s governing bodies, and with the European Investment Fund).
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development, implementation, management and maintenance of ElB Group's capital planning framework, with a focus on capital consumption measurement, projection, stress testing, analysis and reporting
- Support the assessment of anticipated impacts on the capital metrics of the EIB Group of regulatory or new business developments, new initiatives, methodological changes or new modelling best practices, in order to provide Senior Management with solid decision-making tools
- Support the production of projections of capital metrics
- In conjunction with colleagues of the Division, support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s capital projections tools, both from technical and methodological perspectives
- Review, analyse and report on the actual evolution of capital metrics to the management and stakeholders
- Support the capital adequacy assessment and planning processes, risk appetite setting, limits definition, etc.
- Support the activities related to capital consumption simulations, stress tests and analyses
- Participate in projects and/or working groups and/or strategic initiatives of horizontal nature, and support the activities related to capital planning
- Ensure methodological and data consistency between various capital measurement tools (regulatory capital, economic capital, rating agencies’ capital models)
- Contribute to the development of a holistic risk management view
- Ensure that adequate documentation of relevant methodologies, processes and tools is put in place
- Support the Bank's efforts to maintain compliance with applicable best banking practice in the area of capital management
- Provide input to ad-hoc analyses and written communications on specific capital management matters to senior management or external bodies.
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or in a quantitative subject (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics), complemented by relevant exposure to banking, risk management or capital planning
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in finance and/or banking, ideally gained in capital planning and management, capital requirements calculation, credit risk modelling or a similar role
- Good understanding of the banking industry. Exposure to risk management topics would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of the EIB Group’s purpose, organisation, business activities and operational cycles
- Solid IT background and ability to work with large data sets (database querying, SQL) and excellent Excel and data-analysis knowledge
- Good modelling skills, ideally including programming skills (e.g. SAS, Python)
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to present complex technical topics to non-technical audience would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*) with a good command of the other.
Find out more about EIB core competencies https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/careers-competencies/index-test here
Demonstrated independence when dealing with tasks and the capacity to plan, organise and prioritise work in a heavy workload environment are particularly relevant to this role.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Interested? Apply now via the "apply" button!
Deadline for applications: 4th January 2021