, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations (OPS) Directorate, IBERIA 3/Public Sector (PT) Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Banker.
This is a full time temporary position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 2 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for mid December. Purpose
Participate in the identification, appraisal, approval, negotiation, signature and monitoring of lending operations in Portugal according to EIB policies and procedures and with the objective to contribute to EU Policy goals, with a focus on the European Guarantee Fund ("EGF") eligible products (Risk-Sharing and, if applicable, ABS). Operating Network
As an (Associate) Banker, internally referred to as (Associate) Loan Officer, you will report to the Head of Division (and relevant senior colleagues) and cooperate closely with colleagues working in the region. Accountabilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Division and/or senior Colleague(s) in the Division: Project origination process :
- Track developments and monitor target markets, screen proposals and identify lending opportunities that best meet EIB's objectives under EGF.
Negotiation of contracts
- Participate in the evaluation, at an early stage, of the quality of potential projects and their chance of success.
- Coordinate the lending process in cooperation with other EIB directorates and participate in all internal discussions/processes relating to the transaction (e.g. drafting of internal documents, Tax questionnaire, Integrity Questionnaire etc...).
- Participate in the structuring of loan proposals, analyse project and financial risks, draft reports and lending proposals in cooperation with the appraisal team.
- Participate in the negotiation of terms and conditions of loan and other project documentation with promoters and other counterparts.
- Organize contract signatures.
- Participate in the follow-up and possible re-negotiation of existing transactions in close cooperation with other services of the Bank.
- University degree preferably in Finance/Economics/Law
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the financial sector, preferably in long term lending
- Good knowledge of financial analysis and cash flow modelling as well as credit risk assessment
- Good knowledge of standard IT tools
- Good knowledge of the targeted market would be an asset
- Very good knowledge of English. A good knowledge of French* and/or Portuguese would be a strong advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 5 th November 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.