Assistant Facilities Manager
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Assistant Facility Manager, Workplace Services
Northern Trust Luxembourg SA employ around 420 people in Luxembourg and the Workplace Services team are responsible for the management of two buildings in a busy office at Findel and Kirchberg.
NT have recently acquired the UBS Fund Management business in Luxembourg.
As a result of this there is now a requirement for an experienced professional to take on the day to day property management responsibilities for both Luxembourg properties, while reporting into the Facility Manager who has overall responsibility for Luxembourg. During 2020 we will amalgamate both properties into one new building at Leudelange.
• Work with the Building Operations Manager to provide support to the Head of Workplace Services for the delivery of WPS functions.
• Work with the Building Operations Manager on medium and long term Real Estate Strategies
• Assist in the planning of operational FM activities and services for Luxembourg.
• Responsible for monitoring performance of assigned vendors to ensure targets are met within budget.
• Ensure all Contract documentation is current and compliant with Northern Trust procurement policy.
• Undertake the budget management of assigned vendors.
• Assist with compiling the annual budget for the group.
• Provide support to direct reports, including performance reviews, the setting of personal and team objectives, identifying training requirements and support continuous professional development.
• Property acquisition and/or disposal
• Planning and overseeing building work/renovation
• Lease management
• Allocating and managing space within buildings
• Coordinating cleaning, catering and parking services
• Organizing security and general administrative services
• Ensuring that facilities meet current H&S Legislation
• Advising on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
• Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers
• generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
• Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
Facilities Management Services
• Responsible for the delivery of a cost efficient and high quality FM deliveries for the Luxembourg operation including but not limited to:
1. Building engineering maintenance service and support
2. Cleaning Services
3. Catering Services
4. Reception & Switchboard Services
5. Post & Distribution Services
6. Health & Safety
7. WPS Helpdesk and reservations
8. Document storage
9. Business Continuity
Skills / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management. Experience within a global organisation would be beneficial.
• working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
• working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
• working knowledge of financial principles and practices
• working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
• working knowledge of procurement and contracts
• sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
• experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
• supervisory experience
• Extensive experience in FM
• Have management multiple facilities within one portfolio
• Real estate background and knowledge
• Have experience in people management and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office experience (focusing on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project) required.
• Ability to bring a fresh approach.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage and inspire team members, giving direction and focus.
• Bolster productivity within budget constraints.
• Ability to network at all levels of the organisation.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing business requirements
• Ability to display initiative, confidence and professionalism in all dealings
• Excellent written and spoken English
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.