- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Account Payable Specialist
Account Payable SpecialistAccounts Payable Specialist
Outline of responsibilities:
The Schroder Luxembourg Finance Department provides a range of accounting, tax and reporting services to Schroder Group businesses in Europe.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will work for the Financial Controllers Team and with the Finance Cash Management Team within the Finance Department in Luxembourg office.
1. Financial Operations
Support the preparation of corporate accounts for a number of group companies through: - Invoice processing;
- Supplier set-up and update across multiple entities;
- Payment of suppliers and staff expenses;
- Reconciliation of supplier's and bank accounts;
- Answering suppliers / accountant's queries.
2. Procedures & Controls
- Make sure detailed procedures are up-to-date; - Maintain detailed controls and B/S proofs & recs.;
- Maintain accurate set of KPI for the area;
- Escalate any issues to team leader;
Education & Training/Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar position for at least 1 year required;
- Exposure in the Asset Management and Property Fund businesses will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly;
- Ability to assess when an issue must be escalated to Management;
- Ability to be logical and have a good memory;
- Delivering results;
- Working with Drive & Determination;
- Demonstrating Integrity & Accountability;
- Focusing on Clients;
- Team player;
- Rigorous, organised;
- Stress resistant;
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of expense claim and invoice processing requirement;
- Good knowledge of VAT rules and principles (local and international);
- Good knowledge of Bank Details and information requirements for local / international payments (BIC code, local code, IBAN, account number structure requirements per country);
- Good command in the relevant elements of an accounting system (Oracle / SAP would be an advantage);
- Good command in the relevant elements of an invoice / PO managing system (Basware would be an advantage);
- Good communication skill (written and oral) in English and in French is a minimum requirement;
- Other European language such as, German, Dutch, Spanish or Italian skills would be a advantage;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Excel in particular);
- Payment Systems usages with payment batch load principle (Swift Alliance, TM5, Citi-Direct would be an advantage);
- Strong analytical skills.