HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our asset management (AM) activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit an
AM Risk Manager, Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to our CRO & Conducting Officer, your principal accountabilities will be:
- Review and update the risk management process and policy of the AIFs including liquid and illiquid assets.
- Responsible for the AIFM/AIFs regulatory risk reporting.
- Review of fund documents, legal agreements from risk perspective to make sure they are in line with AIFM law, product law and asset management/HIFL risk appetite.
- Support the Conducting Officer responsible for risk management in the day to day duties.
- Produce, review and analyse market, liquidity, counterparty, credit and operational risks reports on a regular basis.
- Escalate issues/concerns to senior management and report such results.
- Provide oversight of the Investment Managers (IMs), local risk teams in relation to the regular risk reporting, including validation of the IMs compliance with the risk policy and Luxembourg regulations applicable to AIFs.
- Provide support to the HIFL Conducting Officers in their day to day management.
- Support the growth agenda of HSBC AM.
- Identify and manage risks introduced through change, including new investment fund products and new projects/initiatives.
- Briefing of senior executives in HIFL and AM including assessment of material risks to the business and adequacy of mitigation/remediation plans in respect of those risks
- Implement risk management policies and procedures
- Produce and review the risk reports on market, credit, counterparty, liquidity, operational and compliance risk for liquid and illiquid AIFs.
- Escalate issues, breaches, excesses, inconsistencies.
- Enhance the oversight on the local IM and the monitoring performed in HIFL in terms of risk management.
- Implement a sound and robust risk management framework for AIFs.
- Monitoring of the investment restrictions limits oversight. Follow up with the IM for the regularization of breaches.
Professional skills and experience:
- University/master degree in Business/Economics/Finance/Risk Management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience in Funds industry or in a Management company with focus on Risk Management.
- Candidates must have strong Investment Risk experience with exposure to Alternative Investment Funds.
- Very good technical skills in financial risk management and financial instruments.
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of alternative investment funds risk management and local/European risk regulatory requirements.
- We value experience in private debt, private equity and real estate.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg fund industry including the AIFM environment and risk regulatory requirements.
- Well organised and able to work independently.
- Team player.
- Forward looking and business orientated.
- Good IT skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, both written and spoken. Other languages would be an advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com, and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org