AML Associate (1931)
Job D escription and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking for an AML Associate for its new European entity headquartered in Luxembourg. This Associate will review and analyze customer activity to ensure it is in line with the EU 4 th Money Laundering Directive, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, and industry anti-money laundering laws and regulations. The Associate will also help conduct due diligence on complex or potentially high risk applications by potential customers. Responsibilities:
- Conducting surveillance of cashiering transfers and other fund movements for indications of potential money laundering activity;
- Conducting enhanced due diligence on potential and existing IB customers;
- Work with the New Accounts group to conduct KYC on complex or high risk accounts;
- Assisting with the on-going design and development of reports and systems to help identify money-laundering or suspicious cashiering or transactions;
- Assisting with written responses to inquiries from the CSSF, other European regulators or exchanges regarding IB customers; and
- Keeping up to date with changes in anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, and industry anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
- Prior experience in AML compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base or an EU regulator;
- Familiarity with the EU 4 th Money Laundering Directive strongly preferred;
- Solid academic background;
- Comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Luxembourg and Australia.
Interactive Brokers Europe S.à.r.l. ("IBKREU") in Luxembourg is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info