- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 17 Feb 19
Senior Legal counsel Securities Services (m/f)
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Full time
The Senior legal Counsel provides first class internal legal advice, guidance and support primarily to the Securities services business of our client in Luxembourg and ensures that the Group's exposure to legal risk is managed and the execution of Group business and operational strategies and initiatives are facilitated.
Senior Legal Counsel- Securities Services (m/f)
Reporting to the Luxembourg General Counsel, the role holder will provide first class internal legal advice, guidance and support primarily to the Securities services business of our client in Luxembourg and ensure that the Group's exposure to legal risk is managed and the execution of Group business and operational strategies and initiatives are facilitated. Acting as an active contributor to the global legal practice groups where relevant, the Job holder joins a team of 4 Lawyers in Luxembourg.
- Provides prompt, commercial, practical and high quality legal advice to the Securities services, global banking and cash managment and where relevant, other business/function in Luxembourg.
- Acts as a trusted adviser to the business by providing commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice in a cost-effective manner, at both a regional and global level.
- Provides day to day transactional support to businesses in the negotiation of transaction documents including depositary and custody agreements, lending agreements, accounts 'opening documentation, fund administration agreements, and any related ancillary documentation for all client sectors.
- Provides subject matter and legal expertise to the Luxembourg General Counsel in the formulation of standards and guidance, policies, procedures and controls for the management of legal risks where relevant.
- Is an active and contributing member of all applicable business governance meetings including the business acceptance committee, risk management committee, regulatory change project meetings and any other ad hoc or relevant committees.
- Works alongside and build strong relationships with colleagues in Legal (locally and on a global basis) and other functions or businesses.
- Provides support and guidance to departments and other Luxembourg entities and the Luxembourg Legal Function with regard to legal risks arising in jobholder's area of expertise.
- Builds and maintains positive and effective relationships with panel law firms and other appropriate external parties.
- Coordinates legal projects, remediation exercises etc.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg law acquired within either private practice and/or through experience (minimum of 7+ years PQE) with an international group in a securities services/investor services businesses or management company.
- Experience in various areas of corporate banking activities and payment and cash management activities would be a strong advantage.
- Experienced and confident practitioner with a good overview of all securities services points: transfer agency, depositary, fund administration, …
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in relation to funds and banking law.
- Able to handle a diverse range of legal and regulatory issues (e.g. general banking, regulatory developments (e.g. AIFMD, UCITS V) etc.).
- Self-starter, independent with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Lateral thinking/problem solving.
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.Ability to deal with highly confidential and commercially sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to manage competing internal stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to accurately identify, convey and manage legal risk.
- Experience in controlling external legal costs and managing relationships with external legal counsels.
- Fluent in French and English.
Our client is one of the largest bank in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.