- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 22 Jan 18
Senior Financial Controller for a private equity firm (m/f)
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Full time
DO Recruitment Advisors is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Controller (m/f) for a private equity firm. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply for it!
SENIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ( M/F) FOR A PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM
THE JOB :
The Senior Financial Controller will bein charge of the financial control for the whole Private Equity Group. The function will cover the technical overview of the accounting / fund administration team currently composed of 6 people located in Luxembourg and Paris.
The Senior Financial Controller will work in close cooperation and under the supervision of the Interim Chief Finance Officer.
She/He will have excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong technical background and enjoy working as part of a smaller team.
The position is based in Luxembourg although there will be occasional travel to other offices, including Paris and London.
The main responsibilities will be :
- Control and supervision of the accounting tasks for several fund vehicles (French, UK and Luxembourg), general partners, Luxembourg holding and service companies and two management companies (one UK company and one French Company)
- Control and supervision of the fund administration tasks : in particular NAV calculation, capital calls and distribution, external reporting, regulatory reporting
- Supervision of tax matters related to the Luxembourg entities and management companies, in particular the calculation and filing of corporate income tax returns and VAT returns
- Control and supervision of the production of financial statements for all entities in the group which are prepared under UK, French, Luxembourg and IFRS Gaap and on a standalone, consolidated or combined basis as the case may be
- Control and supervision of the production of monthly management accounts for the management and service companies
- Control and supervision of other finance tasks including among others cash flow forecasts, business plan process, intercompany recharges
- Key actor in monitoring the audit process for various entities
- Close liaison with service providers when needed (in particular for tax aspects)
- Close cooperation with the legal team on various topics (including among others fund flows, portfolio acquisitions and exits, bridge facilities transactions …)
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
The successful candidate will have/be :
- At least 10 years' experience within financial services (audit, private equity sector, fund industry)
- Very good knowledge of accounting standards used throughout the group (UK, French, Luxembourg, IFRS Gaap)
- Familiar with reporting obligations applicable to the AIFM industry
- Familiar with working in a multi-currency and multinational environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An excellent knowledge of the English language (oral and writing);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel (desirable)
- Ability to build and develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders as well as previous experience working with auditors
- Good attention to detail and reaching high-level quality standards is your main goal (mandatory)
- Well organized, solution driven and proactive
- Flexible and a strong team player.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is a private equity firm