- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 23 Feb 18
Accounting Manager (M/F) for a Real Estate Investment firm
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Full time
DO Recruitment Advisors is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager (m/f) for a real estate investment firm. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply for it!
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (m/f)
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting of all of the European operations in accordance with Lux GAAP. This includes accounting for a large portfolio of Luxembourg legal entities owning real estate and managing a team of three supporting staff members. The manager will focus on authorizing and recording all cash activity, recording Lux GAAP journal entries, and preparing all annual accounts, VAT returns and tax provisions related to each legal entity in order to deliver the trial balances to the US accounting team in a timely manner to meet monthly reporting deadlines which are driven by SEC reporting deadlines. The manager will also serve as a Manager to the Lux entities and help ensure that all proper legal steps are taken regarding each transactions.
- Manage the accounting process for a large portfolio of European operations and ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with Lux GAAP - create review procedures, complete month reporting;
- Serve as a Manager of the Lux entities, which will require review and release of all cash disbursements with the Yardi accounting system and within the online banking system - review coding and release all cash payments, review and monitor cash receipts;
- Manage and help assemble an accounting team of support staff - aid in career growth, conduct annual performance reviews;
- Help create and implement accounting process and review procedures for accounting for the Lux entities that will conform to the existing corporate Sox documentation;
- Identify all accounting needs for the Lux entities including timely payment of invoices and journal entries needed to ensure that the financial statements are in accordance with Lux GAAP;
- Work closely with the Tax Director to ensure that all tax deadlines are met and all tax related tasks are completed - prepare monthly returns and assist with Net Wealth Tax planning.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance;
- CPA / Chartered Accountant desired;
- Master's Degree in Accounting / Taxation or MBA
- Between 6 - 10 years' experience in accounting, audit, or relevant industry;
- Extensive knowledge of Lux GAAP accounting guidelines;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization;
- Strong analytical, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Our client is a real estate investment trust based in Luxembourg city centre.