Senior Data Manager
- Validate and verify the data query tool used within Moody's Investors Service (MIS) given the document and characteristics of the data query tools
- Establish a process to verify the data query tools, independently of its technology
- Manage the data query verification team in terms of prioritize and coordinate the verification process
- Track and document the verification
- Provide oversight of inventory of all data query tools within MIS
- Recommend programming and architecture to facilitate the proposed verification process
- Prepare and present to senior management on regular basis data quality reports
- Be involved in the day-to-day interaction with the development and business users to ensure data quality and client satisfaction
- Manage and support business and data requirements documentation
- Perform data/process analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 - 5 years financial industry experience
- Proficiency with SQL query writing in a relational database environment (Sybase or SQL Server preferred).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA).
- Analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative without close supervision yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written. Able to communicate effectively with both business stakeholders and developers
- Self-starter and results oriented, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Experience in producing management presentations
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.