Alter Domus is expanding and we are looking for an experienced QA Automation Manager to join our Vilnius/Cork/Dublin office. About us:
We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services. Duties and responisbilites:
- Participate the Sprint Planning effort to automate test procedures and cases using approved software tools, following our internal QA Automation standards and best practices
- Coach/mentor a team of QA Automation engineers to be high performing members of an agile/Scrum team
- Participate in defining best practices and work flows to be implemented by the QA team.
- Maintain and enhance the current test automation process to meet the departments' goal of frequent and efficient release of high-quality software.
- Work with peer managers within the department to adopt best practices and tools, as well as identify and implement scale initiatives.
- Review Automation frameworks in compliance with department standards and practices. Mentor other automation engineers in this practice. The priorities are accuracy, reliability, flexibility, usability (clarity of logged messages, etc.), and performance. This includes implementing new or refactoring existing: Automated and Manual Test Cases, Automation Infrastructure
- Lead the Automation design and planning meetings.
- Periodically review automated testing results to triage failures and determine the root cause to be eliminated
- Submit to and participate in peer automation code reviews. Continually work to raise the standards in our team.
- Work with management and other senior automation engineers to identify, define, and establish procedures, standards, and best practices for automation software development.
- Contribute fresh, new ideas during automation developer meetings demonstrating a commitment to on-going learning.
- Design and develop automation frameworks from scratch using automation testing tools
- Design End-to-end automation development including planning, development, optimization, and testing of complex workflows
- Help to identify project risks and to recommend actions to minimize risk
- Ability to advocate for Improvements in automation engineering efforts to management
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices
- Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in automated testing and framework creation with 2-3 years as a senior automation engineer/lead
- Able to create/architect entire frameworks from scratch required
- Able to lead investigation and resolution of automation problems within own discipline with minimal oversight.
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is highly desirable
- 4 years of experience in Selenium Testing
- Experience of CI/CD platforms, focusing on technical artifact organization, integration testing, and scripted deployment
- Exceptional knowledge and skill with Python/C#/Java are essential. Alternate, relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience writing and fine-tuning SQL queries as well as investigating and deciphering existing schema. Microsoft SQL Server expertise required.
- Experience with advanced debugging techniques, such as breakpoints, watches, and attaching to remote processes, etc.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps is preferred.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, dockers is a plus
- Ability to quickly and independently learn about new technologies, business and technical terms, and concepts is essential.
- Dedicated to continuous education by obtaining industry-related certifications and training.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and teams, demonstrating high-quality interpersonal skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Experience in testing financial services software is a big plus
Salary starting from €5800 gross per month + bonus and benefits.