Head of Risk Strategy & Chief of Staff
- Kuwait City, 'Asimah, Kuwait
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 20 Sep 17
We have been mandated the in search for a leading bank based in the middle east for a Head of Risk Strategy & Chief of Staff. This high-profile role is responsible for assisting the GCRO to guide and drive delivery of the Group Risk Management strategy with a focus of adding business value.
- Supporting the GCRO in designing, implementing and managing strategic initiatives across complex regional businesses.
- Providing a comprehensive framework for risk management, supporting the development of appropriate risk management tools and helping on the piloting and implementation of new risk management approaches, strategies and special projects while embedding a risk culture within the bank
- Developing the risk management policy, including risk limits framework and cross border credit risk
- Coordinate group wide exercises related to internal capital adequacy assessment (ICAAP) processes and minimum regulatory capital requirements for Basel Compliance
- Formulate a communications strategy for Risk with internal and external stakeholders e.g. regulators, rating agencies, executives, board, employees and clients
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years experience including 5 years in business risk management
- A strong background in risk management strategy from commercial banking with a focus on credit risk
- Any exposure to ICAAP or Basel related projects is highly preferred