Assistant manager Governance&Control
- Busayra, Tafilah, Jordan
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
Manager, Risk & Control -Technology
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Manager, Risk & Control -Technology
· Participate based on Head of Risk&Control request in preparation, communication, implementation, delivery and expansion of Technology &Operation OR plans related to technology.
· Support the country chief information operation ("CIO") as the Risk Control Owner ("RCO") of Technology, Information Security, Vendor Management, Out Sourcing and Data Protection & Data Security policies in accordance with the Risk Management Framework.
· In collaboration with L&C, identify, communicate and expedite changes to comply with any new and amended regulations across Technology &Operation
· To contribute to the bank's One Bank One Team initiative.
· Working as a member of a larger, 'engaged' team (i.e. across departments of the bank)
Risk and Control
1. Validation of Controls (CST/KCI) related to Technology.
- Perform technology CST checks, identify, assess and document exceptions.
- Using sampling techniques, results and exceptions arising.
- Review trend analysis of exceptions and identify systemic failures.
- Identify material exceptions and escalate.
- Agree on actions arising from the treatment plan.
- Review the in-country CSTs developed before roll-out.
2. Incident Management (EORP) - Technology related
- Review and endorse treatment plans.
- Input, validate Ops Losses / Near Misses reporting in EORP before submitting the same for approval.
- Oversight of validity and integrity of data in EORP.
3. Process Risk Analysis (PRA) - Technology related
- Validating the workflows of processes under iGEAR initiative.
- To facilitate and ensure alignment to SCB policies and procedures within the day to day processing environment of the function.
- Review outcomes of PRA, including comparing against the country addendum for appropriateness.
- Initiate PRAs where needed to support specific needs to check if the process and control environment is effective.
- Support Business / Function Operations Head in PRA review of operational capability as part of PPG / CA review/roll-out.
- Ensure that the process changes accepted and agreed through service acceptance process, is maintained by the respective dept in Departmental Operating Instruction ("DOIs") and other relevant documents.
4. Risk Committee Meetings
- Business Operation Risk Committee ("BORC") - Challenge Risk Maps of Business / Function units and prepare the consolidated risk map for Technology.
- Engage and present Technology item in Information Technology and Operation ("ITO") Risk meetings.
5. Technology Risk Reviews
- Scope and plan thematic risk / control reviews arising within area of coverage in-country.
- Carry out, reviews and sign-off findings from Spot Checks.
- Plan and drive checks/ reviews in partnership with independent parties (where necessary), with senior management's agreement and in consultation with the operation risk management ("ORM").
- Support Business / Function Ops Head in relaying the current control environment related to technology and information security to the audit team.
- Review for adequacy, audit management response.
- Review of progress and timely closure of audit findings.
- Share thematic risk & audit findings with other units/ lines in country where needed.
- Oversight over performance of pre-audit/ review preparation work by Unit/ Line.
People and Talent
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. .
· Training (technical) and self development.
· High Team work.
Job Holder may also be called upon to support other Officers/ Managers in the implementation of the control self assessment checks in other departments, as well as to support the implementation of an effective business continuity plan.
Ensure full awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and various Group policies on sanctions. He /she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer or Head CIB operations or UORM or Head legal and compliance..
· Ensure compliance with the Laws of the land and in particular, facilitate the implementation of the bank's compliance risk management framework.
· To ensure that the bank's information systems are used per prescribed policies, and in particular, to ensure that passwords are never shared/ compromised.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Jordan - R & Control
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
The ability to work as part of a team, increase visibility within and outside the department, handle tasks independently are key factors in determining eligibility for promotion to the next level.
§ A University Degree or equivalent.
§ Sound knowledge of operational Risk aspects and bank products.
§ Knowledge of banking products.
§ A good knowledge of local regulations related to technology.
Good understanding of Operational Risk including Money Laundering, Sanctions and Know Your Customer Group requirements & policy,Languages: Arabic and English (speaking/ writing and reading)
Proposition 3 - Career development
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.