Vice President, Real Assets Product Strategy
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Dec 18
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Real Assets Overview:
BlackRock Real Assets comprises BlackRock's Infrastructure and Real Estate platforms, with 375+ professionals across 25 cities globally, and manages approximately $40 billion in equity and debt assets and investor commitments. Real Assets includes both Infrastructure and Real Estate at BlackRock. The Infrastructure business manages $18 billion across Global Renewable Power, Renewable Income, Energy & Power, Mexico Infrastructure, Infrastructure Solutions and Infrastructure Debt strategies. The Real Estate business manages $21 billion across Real Estate Private Equity in North America, EMEA and APAC, Real Estate Debt and Real Estate Securities.
Real Assets Product Strategy Overview:
The Real Assets Research and Product Strategy Team supports the Real Assets business by developing and articulating BlackRock’s views and forecasts for Infrastructure and Real Estate markets globally and for delivering these to BlackRock’s clients, on behalf of a range of open ended, closed ended and listed Real Assets investment strategies.
BlackRock’s Real Assets Research and Product Strategy team is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual interested in working in a fast-paced, international environment as a member of a global team in the alternative investment industry. The candidate assumes a senior, multi-faceted role which requires a passion for Real Assets investments, an entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical and conceptual skills, flexibility, as well as dedicated client service orientation.
The candidate will be responsible for Real Assets Product Strategy and Investor Relations in Japan with lead responsibility for client service in Japan and will support local fundraising for Real Asset investment. The position is based in BlackRock’s Tokyo office. The individual will work closely with global investment teams, the Real Assets Product Strategy team in Hong Kong and the BlackRock Alternative Specialists client business in Tokyo.
The role requires a broad and deep understanding of the real estate and infrastructure markets, the needs of Japanese institutional investors as well as internal expertise on the investment strategies of BlackRock Real Assets.
In fulfilling his/her tasks the position holder will have the opportunity to closely interact with Japanese institutional investors and with other departments within BlackRock around the world, including Client Management, Investment Management, Risk Management & Quantitative Analysis, Legal, Tax, Fund Administration, etc.
- Japan Real Assets Product Strategy:
- Be responsible for the on-shore portfolios as a primary portfolio manager
- Oversee investment management activities for those funds delegated to affiliates outside Japan
- Partner with the client business and other key stakeholders to promote BlackRock’s global Real Assets products in Japan; drive significant growth in revenues sourced from Japanese clients
- Be responsive to client requests and queries, including supporting often very complicated and deep due diligence processes
- Partner with the client businesses to raise the profile of BlackRock’s Real Assets capabilities in Japan
- Support the research of Japanese Real Assets investments strategies
- Represent Japanese interest in thought leadership pieces produced across the platform
- Japanese Real Assets client reporting including:
- Liaising with global investment team to understand investment strategies and performance
- Translation of global investment reports to Japanese
- Distribution of reports to Japanese institutional clients
- Represent the product and the portfolio manager at review meetings, market updates and ad hoc portfolio-related meetings
- Regularly communicate with regional and global stakeholders to understand sales and client feedback around the reception of product messages and positioning
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in real estate and/or infrastructure asset class, preferably from a product strategist of investment role
- Bachelor’s degree required in any discipline and Graduate degree preferred but not mandatory.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills in English and Japanese
- Knowledge of institutions, business customs, and regulatory frameworks across Japan
- Track record of understanding the needs of strategic clients
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deliver pertinent facts in a concise way
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form meaningful working partnerships
- Receptivity to firm culture and ability to promote same.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including ability to function effectively within an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and autonomous spirit
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.