VP Senior Analyst - Corporate Finance Group
Job Description Role / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the ongoing credit assessment of a diverse portfolio of major Japanese corporates in such sectors as energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and rail.
- Regarded as an authority by issuers and investors at individual credit and industry levels.
- Conduct quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data, as well as intensive analysis of bond indentures, liquidity agreements, official statements and other legal documents.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a high profile portfolio of companies.
- Actively monitor portfolio and make recommendations for rating transitions in a timely fashion.
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees to assign and maintain credit ratings.
- Demonstrate excellent rating judgment as evidenced by the ability to distinguish among different entities at different ratings levels.
- Produce timely and relevant research on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues that is in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused.
- Build and maintain high profile understanding of investors and issuers, interacting frequently based upon industry and topical research written.
- Lead issuer meetings, including presenting key rating factors effectively and asking probing questions that result in substantive dialog about key rating issues.
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Present Moody's views at conferences.
- Coach and develop junior analysts and support associates.
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within deadlines.
- Creditable Analyst experience (writing and presenting) gained in reputable a financial company.
- Academic background equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas.
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be beneficial.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese in speaking and writing.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.