VP, Account Manager (Pension)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: ROLE OF THE ACCOUNT MANAGER
The Account Manager serves as the integral link between PIMCO and our institutional clients (banks/insurance companies and private/public pension sponsors). The Account Manager's primary responsibilities are to foster/strengthen existing client relationships and develop new business. Account Manager translates client objectives and constraints into portfolio guidelines, monitors account activity for consistency with guidelines, educates clients about a broad set of products/services, provides information about the firm's current outlook/strategy and promotes cross sell. In addition to client responsibilities, as an investment professional, the Account Manager actively contributes to the Firm's investment strategy process and develops new business as a Marketer. Position Requirements: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of Fixed Income and Equity fundamentals and Macroeconomics
- Around 5-10 years work experience in financial markets
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies both verbally and in writing
- Communication skill both in Japanese and English, verbally and in writing
- Good working knowledge of Excel/application system
- Well organized, high energy self starter, to work in a team environment, especially with senior level management
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- MBA, CFA, CAIA would be a plus.
• Executive Vice President