Treasury Services, Bank Relations, Bank Account Management, Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
Treasury Services serves as the firm's central bank for processing and managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, monitoring transactions for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and managing the firm's overall cash position. Bank Account Management is responsible for opening firm's cash account at respective banks to ensure both external and internal set up is in sync, and manages maintenance of our account information and its related inquiry. Bank Account Management manages the entire lifecycle of the bank account from entity creation to its closure. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
The individual will have the opportunity to be involved in several aspects of the department's Bank Account Management, as well as drive and participate in departmental projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate must be motivated and reliable with the ability to work well in a dynamic team oriented atmosphere. This position offers the employee an opportunity to learn and advance in a fast-paced work environment with challenging, multi-faceted assignments, an opportunity to work closely with business areas on a variety of topics, exposure to business issues and senior management on a regular basis, and an ability to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensuring necessary documents are prepared for Bank Account Opening
- Ensuring Bank Accounts are managed in compliance to firm's Payment Policy
- Managing adhoc Bank Account related queries from both internally and externally, and needs of the business
- Ensuring Bank Accounts are maintained properly, such as representative and signers are up to date, check on any dormant account that requires attention.
- Maintain close relationships with agent banks and working closely with them to ensure they can help us in various Bank Account needs
- Working in close collaboration with the Global Bank Relations teams in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, New York and Dallas.
- Maintain close relationships with Corporate Treasury teams to gather necessary information in relation to Bank Account Management
- Bachelor's degree
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability, has strong organizational skills.
- Picks up or anticipates problems through careful analysis & attention to detail
- Provide support in the control process related to Bank Account Management.
- Actively liaise with business units to ensure timely reconciliation and that error trends are identified with the team and countered through process improvement plans.
- Communicate and escalate issues with both internal and external counterparts, including agent banks.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Excellent written communication and presentations skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity