Tokyo Ops, Japan Security Settlements, Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Japan Securities Settlements are responsible for Fixed Income, and Equity settlements. Our goal is to settle these products and cash on the contractual settlement date to maintain the liquidity in the market and retain good reputation of MS on the street. To achieve our goal, we work with various teams within Operations, business counterparties, Legal and Compliance, Corporate Treasury, IT, and external counterparties locally and globally. We also work closely with the vendor team in Dalian, China.
- Handle the equity and fixed income settlements in local market as well as cash payments
- Investigate and resolve settlement and payment exceptions
- Investigate and resolve post settlement internal and external breaks
- Prepare payment and trade instructions and release to custodian banks
- Escalate/report and mitigate risks associated with the settlement process
- Identify areas for process improvement to improve the control and efficiency of the process
- Manage vendor team remotely, oversight their work and give guidance on the escalated items
- Deliver quality service and solutions to their evolving business requirements
- Work and contribute as a team
- Self motivated with positive working attitude
- Drive the team goals leading with example working with drive and determination
- Specialist in functional knowledge and able to deal with multiple tasks under pressure
- Specialist in market knowledge and able to understand impact of any market changes and communicate to stakeholders
- Good communication skills, able to interact and communicate effectively across cultural and hierarchical lines within the Firm
- Ability to identify problems as they arise and understand when they need to be escalated
- Ability to set out / apply up to date knowledge and best practices to develop solutions that add value to the firm and our clients
- Adaptable and flexible to changes and new challenges
- Keen to learn new skill sets and does so quickly
- English and Japanese - Fluent in written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Equity and/or Fixed Income products and settlement market rules
- Knowledge of Cash Management (disbursement, liquidity management)
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).