Team Manager, Cash Management (Operations)
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
The Cash Management department sits within the Operations division and has primary responsibility for operational control, management, and reporting of the Firm?s cash and liquidity. With regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, Cash Management operates in the sense of a true Firm-wide global utility.
Part of a team based in Tokyo, the Director role is based within the Cash Management function with responsibility for:
- Providing supervisory oversight over Japan onshore cash transaction processing.
- Providing control for local in-coming/out-going payments & facing agent bank.
- Oversight of the production and submission of cash and liquidity regulatory reporting.
- Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent banks.
- Demonstrate clear risk ownership, mitigation and clear lines of escalation with an expectation of supervisory responsibilities across all functions & processes performed by the team.
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships. Emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
- Close interaction with business and operations teams to analyse front to back transactional flows.
- Active participation in change the bank initiatives and technology projects
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, while being dynamic to changing funding requirements intra-day.
- Risk management: experience of identifying and mitigating operational risk.
- An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
- A broad understanding on a wide range of products
- An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- This position requires excellent analytical and strong communication skills.
- Individual must be organized, a self-starter and capable of addressing inquiries as well as issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong quantitative/analytic skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Be a team player with good communications skills, able to interact and communicate effectively across cultural and hierarchical lines within the firm
- Ability to identify problems as they arise and understand when they need to be escalated.
- Self-starter with ability to drive deliverable.
- Knowledgeable with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to set priorities and recognize time constraints
- Understanding of local market payment and settlement flows.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).