TK Ops, Institutional Client Service Operations - Vice President
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Vice President to lead the Institutional Client Service Operations in Tokyo. This role is part of the Client Operations Division within ISG Product Operations.
- Enhancing control and continuously improving and reducing operational risk. Manage continuous improvement of the process and control environment
- Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps. Ensure existence of mitigating controls and constantly question procedures, checklists and reports to ensure they are accurate and current.
- Be a change agent and think about the direction of the group strategically. Work to increase the efficiency and effectively of processes and enhance business performance
- Contribute to global functional business plans, and execute on the global and local agenda
- Manages team to identify opportunities for further operating efficiencies
- Mobilize cross functional teams to raise and address issues as needed
- Set direction for teams, create culture of control and set expectations for the team members
- Manage people development and makes resourcing decisions
- Manage people to goals and evaluates performance against goals
- Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely using both written and verbal communication methods
- Work effectively within their team and establish broader networks to foster co-operation and build consensus in order to achieve business results.
- Officer reviewer or back up reviewer for all Regulatory Reports under ICS Tokyo
- Represent ICS Operations at a senior level with clients when required
- Participation in relevant industry bodies where needed
- Development of relationships with senior Business Unit partners. Act as a senior point of contact for senior BU partners.
- Connect with global partners and ensure ICS Tokyo are part of the global team as well as process being fairly represented and consistent where possible
- Experience in financial industry in Operations processing roles
- Strong technical understanding of products and transaction lifecycle in one or more asset classes
- Involvement in Industry initiatives via working groups, advisory groups or panel discussions
- Strong listening and verbal/written communications
- Proven ability to work across global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
- Experience in external client interaction with strong network among industry partners, a plus
- Demonstrated leadership in setting strategy or commerciality
- Ability to manage virtual teams to delivery on global initiatives
- Business level Japanese and English (verbal and written)