TK Finance, Equity Controllers, Associate to Manager
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity,
excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are looking for manager level Equity Product Controller.
Function and Roles
This position will have two roles.
1. Tokyo Equity product controller
Support Tokyo Equity trading desk on all areas with impact to firm’s financials
- Produce p/l reports, provide market and p/l commentaries to senior management
- Review balance sheet reports and provide analytical information to the trading desk
- Assist the trading desk on new product set up by coordinating with other groups such as Valuation risk group, Operations, IT, Regulatory controllers, Market risk department etc.
- Assist in trading desk and other divisions’ requests for relevant information
2. Involvement in regional / global projects in relation to product controller functions
- UAT / Impact analysis
- Implementation of process change
- Strong motivation to learn and understand desk’s business.
- Strong problem solving skills
- CPA preferable but not necessary
- Microsoft Excel knowledge – end user level visual basics preferred.
- Eye for detail, with an ability to interpret large amounts of data
- Work and communicate effectively with trading desk, other location team members.
- Be a team player
- Be flexible and self motivated
- Have ownership mentality
- Product control experience, either Equity or Fixed Income preferable