Software Engineer - FICC SMM Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands the firm's electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. As part of the SMM Engineering team, SMM Production Engineering partners with SMM Trading to develop and support the pricing and execution services for the firm and its clients. The team is primarily focused on site reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to track performance, and managing the release and deployment lifecycle. Team members help support the day-to-day operations of the trading desk and the electronic trading systems; the team is expected to interact closely with Trading & Sales business users. In addition, the team helps develop FICC SMM post-trade systems, including trade booking, reconciliation and STP.
Candidates must have the technical and analytical skills required to triage and resolve complex production issues and operate well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. A propensity to automate manual tasks, appreciation for large-scale, distributed computing systems, and a willingness to develop using a wide range of languages and frameworks will be necessary to succeed in the role. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary
- Software development focused on creating sustainable systems and services that meet uptime and performance requirements through automation
- Technical and operational risk management of a fast-paced, multi-asset electronic trading business
- Managing the b alance between feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
- Finding opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in support process and physical environment
- Partnering with software and infrastructure owners to solve hardware/network issues
- Incident and crisis management
- Participation in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Significant business interaction across FICC front office
- STEM degree with 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in several of the following: Python, C, C++, Java, or shell scripting
- Aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Experience with Linux operating system internals and/or networking concepts
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues during high-pressure situations
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership.
- Coding beyond simple scripts.
- Solving novel problems from first principles.
- Knowledge of financial markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity