Senior Accounting Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Japan ITM Management team. The successful candidate will be part of a team, located in Tokyo, engaging with relevant departments within Wellington's global locations, mainly within Wellington Management Japan with Client Group, IPFS, Legal and Compliance teams. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Management of the day-to-day ITM accounting from operational perspective with team member.
- Management of a framework for the oversight of the ITM function including the oversight of the vendor and maintenance of SLAs with them
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the risk control of the day-to-day ITM operation
- Work with other functional teams such as Client Group, Compliance, Legal, Risk and Governance on any ITM related issues or development/enhancement of the current ITM platform for new business opportunities.
- Conduct periodic due diligence on the Accounting Agent and report on findings as required, and provide management information on a periodic basis
- Attend cross functional meetings and provide operational expertise and recommendations within InvesTech APAC
- Maintenance of internal procedures and policies
- Engaging in global Wellington sponsored funds, especially in APAC region to support fund business in Asia ex-Japan.
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Have 5-7 years or more experience working in the Japan ITM related industry. Ideally this will include a background on the ITM accounting as well as experience in the operational oversight function including the support of the compliance related matters (i.e. supporting internal compliance officers in terms of ITM disclosures or operational flow) at foreign affiliated investment management firms based in Tokyo, trust banks' ITM fund accounting division and Japanese ITM firms' fund accounting area.
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English is preferred
Senior Accounting Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .