The Senior Accountant is responsible for the overall Accounting of the company, as well as some administrative areas. This position reports to the Finance Director of Japan.
Senior Accountant, Finance Department
- Overall hands-on management of accounting functions
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Fixed Assets Accounting (Maintain Fixed Asset Register)
- Inventory Accounting (Including stock take management)
- Overall reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Tax Accounting (Preparation of support documents)
- Internal Control on accounting areas
- Support Finance Director with Internal IT management
- Communication and coordination with HQ counterparts, relevant external parties and internal staff as required to fulfill the above responsibilities
- Other duties assigned by the Finance Director and Business Controlling Manager
It is expected that the Senior Accountant understands and can handle the entire Accounting operations.
It is desirable that the Senior Accountant is proactive in continuously improving the Accounting operations within the company to provide better and efficient internal services.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting field
- University graduate
- Business level in English and Japanese (written & spoken)
- PC literacy (including MS Office, especially strong in MS Excel, MS Access a plus). SAP experience is a plus
- CPA level or similar knowledge is desired