SSTB-SSBT Corporate Secretary, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the SSTB and SSBT Corporate Secretary, the Corporate Secretary will be responsible for providing efficient and effective company secretarial duties and robust governance of State Street Trust and Banking, Japan, Ltd, and State Street Bank and Trust, Tokyo Branch, legal entities operating in Japan.
The Corporate Secretary is expected to be detail oriented and demonstrates proven experience in planning and preparation of meetings such as the Shareholder's meeting, Board of Directors meetings (BoD), Audit and Supervisory Committee (ASC), Executive Committee (EC) and Risk & Compliance Committee (RCC) for SSTB and Branch Management Committee (BMC) for SSBT. In addition, it is expected that the Corporate Secretary maintains accurate records of these meetings and ensuring the board is operating effectively, legally, and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Other competencies includes excellent English and Japanese written and oral communication skills and the ability to build relationships with the board and executive team members.
The Corporate Secretary will be responsible for all aspects of the entire portfolio of the meetings listed above, under the guidance of SSTB Corporate Secretary for the two legal entities in Japan. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Corporation. State Street gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Corporate Secretary you will
What we value
- Lead a team of Corporate Secretaries
- Facilitate Shareholder, Board of Director and Committee meetings including development of agendas and meeting logistics
- Gather meeting materials, enforce deadlines and follow up on action items
- Ensure Board, Branch and Shareholders' meetings are held in accordance with requirements of the corporate legal entity governance code, the Japanese Companies Act, the Companies' Articles of Incorporation, JFSA, JSDA and BOJ regulations and guidelines with special attention regarding fire wall regulations
- Attend meetings and ensure minutes are accurately recorded in English and Japanese and promptly distributed
- Maintain statutory registers such as members, company charges, directors and secretaries etc.
- File statutory returns and information with Company Registrars to report changes regarding the company or to comply with applicable laws and regulations such as annual returns, change of Directors etc.
- Monitor and implement procedures to facilitate compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements
- Review developments in corporate governance, facilitate the induction of new directors and advise and assist Directors with respect to their duties and responsibilities, and compliance with company laws
- Monitor changes in relevant legislations and the regulatory environment
- Coordinate with APAC Corporate Secretary and the Legal Entity Oversight Committee to comply with and improve corporate legal entity governance standards, and maintain up-to date information on Blueprint.
- Manage and maintain company rules, board minutes and other governance materials
- Administer and maintain Diligent Board Books, a web-based tool for distributing meeting materials
- Proactive in implementing ideas and suggestions to improve board and committee efficiency
- Communicating and coordinating with internal teams both onshore and offshore
- Develop strong working relationships with regional and global corporate secretaries to ensure Japan Board and Committees are consistently abiding to global standards and requirements
- Handle of local regulatory reporting matters
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proactive and "can do" attitude for the role
- Proactively support President & CEO as well as Planning Department in general
- Embraces State Street's "corporate values" and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Understanding of compliance and the regulatory environment
- Ability to work effectively with executive management levels
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as be an effective collaborator
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and has proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience, Company Secretarial experience if a plus
- Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication in both Japanese and English
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers