SSGA Marketing, Assistant Vice President
- Who we are looking for
This role represents an opportunity for a passionate, results-driven, and creative thinker who will play a meaningful role in the expansion of our Japanese business primarily into the intermediary channel but also to provide key support to the institutional channel. As a strategically important position you will directly work with our Tokyo and APAC business leadership and the Marketing teams in London and Boston. We seek an individual who can translate the business strategy into a focused marketing strategy to position State Street positively against our key competitors and drive revenue. This role is very much hands-on and the successful candidate should need to be able to blend strategy and practical marketing plan implementation as well as senior stakeholder engagement. The role requires an individual with excellent communication skills across both Japanese and English.
You will report to the Global Head of Institutional Marketing (based in London) retaining matrix reporting line to Chief Operating Officer in State Street Global Advisors (Japan) Ltd.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Markting Manager you will
- Be responsible for the Intermediary Marketing (75%) and Institutional (25%) strategy for Japan, keeping abreast of local market conditions and developments that drive the marketing strategy
- Plan, manage and deliver fully integrated campaigns for partner clients across focus funds/themes including driving collateral development specific to regional requirements
- Help oversee and set priorities for the execution of the Japanese marketing strategy and collaborate with marketing teams in London and Boston in order to execute strategy
- Work with distribution, product and broader marketing colleagues to identify opportunities and develop initiatives aligned against revenue goals
- Establish and execute marketing plans with strategic partners.
- Be responsible for maintaining and developing our Japanese digital presence with web partners in Sydney and Boston
- Effectively manage and build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external agencies on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all marketing activities comply with the local regulatory requirements
- Responsible for budget planning, allocation and day-to-day management for all channel activities
- Delivery of key marketing metrics ensuring activity is measurable against business revenue targets
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Understanding of local domestic markets and channels
- Experience and track record of success within large, complex organizations
- Confirmed ability to create, execute, track and report on integrated marketing plans and tactics.
- Demonstrated disposition toward flexibility
- Thrives in a start-up, business building environment with changing priorities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years of asset management experience part of which should be in a similar marketing role
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills in both Japanese and English
- Occasional travel within Japan to marketing hubs (London/Boston) may be required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers