Repo and Rates Developer, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role is for a hands-on financial developer to support the Asia Repo and Rates businesses which has trading desks across the APAC region (and some desks in London and New York) encompassing not only different currencies and products but also varied regulatory environments.
The candidate will need to work closely with the business and technology stakeholders to complete and own tasks from inception through to delivery. Tasks will include building out new functionality and extending existing features as well as providing support to the users, from both front office (Trading, Structuring, Sales), Trade Support, Finance, Market Risk and Quantitative Research (QR). This will also involve participation in Level 3 support to cover key business processes. There is a requirement to provide Level 1 support for some of the applications too.
The role is in a fast-paced environment thus the candidate must be able to adapt quickly to evolving requirements and drive their tasks to completion whilst working in an agile development environment. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to satisfy the demands of multiple trading desks, and their support functions effectively. Key responsibilites:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: Essential requirements
- Responsible for the full development life cycle (requirements, development, testing, deployment and support)
- Hands on development and support of a range of systems covering a range of different technologies
- Direct interaction with many different users in the Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney office ranging from Front office, to Middle office to technology.
- Working with the global technology team to ensure that systems remain in-sync and global in nature.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills (preferably Python)
- Ability to multi-task on systems written in different technologies and languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely, and effectively in a global organization
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with sponsors and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability
- Structured approach and ability to work in fast pacing environment
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Financial background (preferably in Repo or Interest Rate Derivatives)
- Experience working on large global systems and being able to support local requirements
- Good understanding on pricing financial products, esp. fixed income repo and securities, and trading/risk management processes