See job description for details
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description General Position Description:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and enhance the broader business relationship with Financial Institutions (FI) clients in Japan market under the Corporate Investment Banking Model.
- The role will lead, manage and develop client relationship by providing relationship management coverage, and supporting business growth across product segments through teamwork with broader FIG, GPS, Trade Finance, Corporate Banking (CB), Capital Markets (CM) and Markets teams.
- In addition, the role will also support CB clients in Japan as part of a broader banking coverage strategy, and in line with local regulatory requirements.
Compliance and Financial Crimes Risk (FCR) Management
- Demonstrate an understanding of Wells Fargo (WF) products and services and organizational structure to facilitate indirect product efforts to the FI and Corporate client base.
- Grow and maintain a group of assigned Japan based FI relationships through proactive, strategic business development, and focused relationship building effort.
- Support CB Clients in country, in collaboration with regional CB support teams and US RMs.
- Drive the development of client relationships with key decision makers at all levels.
- Support delivery of strategic business objectives of Banking in Japan, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio revenue.
Credit Risk Management (CRM)
- Commit to s compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers.
- Ensure compliance with KYC documentation and BSA/AML/ATF policies and procedures in order to mitigate and manage risk.
- Ensure that client files are fully in order; KYC/Compliance; Manage periodical relationship memos documenting knowledge of customer base, understanding the compliance risk of the client.
- Collaborate extensively with FIG and CB Customer Risk Team, APAC and Global FCR teams and Wholesale Relationship Management Support Team.
- Ensure compliance with WF expense and Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Japan, US and others.
Product Partner Engagement
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and limits. Obtain credit information of the financial condition and management strategies of the banks located in region to offer Credit business to customer.
- Oversee the credit risks; review and endorse/recommend credit requests; oversee the effective management of counterparty limits.
- Extensively partner with Portfolio Management Unit (PMU) and Independent CRM teams in effectively managing the credit risks associated with the portfolio, providing up to date and relevant market and customer information.
- Effectively partner with other WF departments including Credit, GPS, Trade Finance, CB, CM and Markets teams to ensure that client needs are met, with broader banking product knowledge.
- Develop and execute account relationship plans in conjunction with Product and Support partners to define WF's objectives.
- Collaborate effectively with other WF groups to meet customers' financial needs, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business to achieve revenue growth and long lasting customer relationships.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations and build long-term relationships with customers.
- Collaborate across WF teams.
- Commit to the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and principled performance. Follow the principle of doing the right thing, in the right way, and hold oneself accountable.
- Promote Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of work and at all levels.
- Follow the principles of lead oneself, lead the business and provide the highest levels of service to customers.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree.
- Minimum 5 years' banking experience, including preferably 3 years of financial institutions coverage experience and / or relevant product experience as it applies to FIs.
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of Financial Crimes Risk Management policies and procedures especially KYC, BSA and AML/ATF policies, sanctions related risks and regulatory compliance.
- Hands-on experience of managing Japanese client relationships, and knowledge of relevant market dynamics, macroeconomic and banking sector trends is essential for this role.
- Working knowledge, understanding and experience of Payments and Trade Finance products and solutions and proven track record of marketing such products and services.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country specific credit issues in Japan.
- Self-motivated with a strong goal orientation and can work well in a team orientated environment.
- Good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work across all levels of a client's organization as well as interfacing across functional areas.
- Fluency in English and Japanese (oral, reading and writing) and superior communication and presentation skills.
- Able to travel frequently as business requires.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements. 62628