Regulatory Operations - Regulatory Operations - Transaction Reg Reporting, Analyst/Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your communication and problem solving skills while becoming a market expert in finance? Our Regulatory Transaction Reporting team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with various Operations teams, Compliance, Legal, and Business to mitigate risks associated with the regulatory reporting requirements and contribute to business enablement. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Asia Regulatory Transaction Reporting team is responsible for the oversight of non-financial regulatory reporting to the Regulatory bodies, central banks, exchanges, and Self-Regulated Organizations in Asia. The team is responsible for the monitoring, preparation, and submission of regulatory reports by maintaining controls to mitigate reporting risks for products our businesses are in. The team is expected not only to meet existing reporting requirements in a timely manner but also to analyze any impact from upcoming regulatory changes as well as new business the firm is exploring. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Prepare to be exposed to various products under the 50+ reports the team covers by interacting with middle office teams, sales, other internal clients and external regulators in order to meet regulatory requirements.
- Use your inquisitive mindset to evaluate and escalate risk items to protect the firm.
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring manual processes are done with care and also your creativity by enhancing the process to eliminate those where possible.
- Partner with Technology to review and improve scalability and process strategically and tactically.
- Grow with the team ； develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to assess market changes and support new business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong verbal/reading/writing skills in English and Japanese enabling relationship building and assessing market regulations
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of assignments and projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Exposure to various financial products
- Advanced Microsoft skills, particularly Excel
- Other Asian languages are a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.