Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
About the Role
The APAC Services team is hiring a Project Manager. He/she will be joining as Project Manager to implementation of our business, technical and integration projects. He/she will manage all aspects of the projects from initial client engagement to go-live. The scope of such engagements will be projects with external customers located in the Japan primarily and APAC when required. This position requires expertise in on-boarding new customers, strong project management skills as well as affinity for the management of technical projects with external clients. The Project Manager will work very closely with the local and global Sales, Pre-Sales, Services and Commercial Support teams. In addition to his/her project management responsibilities the candidate will also be involved in some pre-sales/scoping activities as well as engagement with third-party partners delivering on our projects. The primary objectives for the Project Manager will be:
Assist customers to ensure a successful delivery of each project, set and manage customer expectations, broker communication/coordination of project activities between the customer and the other internal stakeholders.
Coordinate ordering activities with the customer to ensure all components required for the successful delivery of the projects are ordered in a timely fashion.
For Internal Stakeholders
Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals.
Ensure all steps (before, during and after implementation) are completed to ensure compliance with processes and quality of delivery.
Monitor & report on projects, review deviations (customer requirements, timelines, cost and quality) and escalate as appropriate to meet both SWIFT & customer's expectations, coordinate corrective actions; improve/automate processes to do so. What to expect
What will make you successful:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the project team and the client.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project; determine the time required to complete the project and develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review the project schedule with management and all other stakeholders that will be affected by the project activities (including the client); revise the schedule as required.
- Lead the design, testing, planning, and implementation of multiple complex projects.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Conduct scheduled project oversight meetings with the client and other stakeholders; constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluate alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Prioritize own and team's work. Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Ensure open communication with the project team. Address delicate situations and handle conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Understand how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals
- 10-15 years' experience in project management, especially from financial services
- With 3-5 years in a consultation role will be great asset
- Management of Technical and Integration project experience preferred
- PMP Project Management certification
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including MS Project
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Agile methods and tools experience is preferred
- Proven experience in people and/or project management
- Strong customer focus with strong networking and interpersonal abilities
- Previous (technical) knowledge and experience with SWIFT's Products and Services is an asset
- Excellent analytical, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Fluent in English (TOEIC 655/above) and Japanese (N2/above) is a must.
- Must be willing to travel (domestically and internationally), when travel restriction are uplifted.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review Linkedin profiles of the people from the list below:
Barret Chong - Head of Services, APAC
Michael Ryan - Head of Professional Serivces, Japan
Cecelia Vallance - Project Manager What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.