Product Strategy and Investor Relations, Analyst, Japan
Description About this role About BlackRock Real Assets:
In today's dynamic and complex global investing market, we help our clients meet their investment goals by providing a distinct range of well defined, outcome orientated strategies, along the investment risk - return spectrum. Our dedicated teams of industry and sector specialists deliver global reach, with deep local expertise. They have decades of relevant experience, are deeply embedded in their operating industries by sector and geography and have developed strong partnership networks over time. BlackRock's culture of risk management, knowledge sharing, and investment discipline sets us apart and underpins all that we do. With over 390+ professionals in 27 offices managing over US$60bn in client commitments as of 31 December 2021, BlackRock Real Assets partners with clients to provide solutions tailored to individual portfolio needs such as income, growth, liquid or balanced real assets outcome. About BlackRock Real Assets in Japan:
BlackRock Japan Real Assets currently manages US$1.6bn in commitments across more than 10 strategies across a mix of corporate pension, banking, insurance and retail clients. With numerous new Real Assets strategies coming to market during the next 3 years, BlackRock Real Assets in Japan is poised to commence an exciting new growth trajectory.
Maintaining high quality service to our existing clients is a critical priority to underpin this growth in order to support strong reup rates, brand and reputation of BlackRock Alternatives in this key growth market. The candidate will be the lead point of contact, within the Real Assets business, for BlackRock's Global Product Strategy teams for investor relations and client servicing matters, including the production of quarterly and bespoke client reporting and presentations in local language. Additionally, the candidate will also support the Director of Product Strategy in Japan to execute our growth plan for Real Assets in Japan and be actively involved in fund marketing, client due diligence requests and formulating local market positioning for our global strategies. Product Strategy, APAC Real Assets
Product Strategists are seasoned investment professionals that partner with our Portfolio Managers and act as the link between investment teams and our client business, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists act as the key point of contact between their respective investment teams and clients (both internal and external), acting as a specialized source of product, investments and market knowledge.
This Tokyo based role is embedded within our Global Real Assets business and will be responsible for the development and execution of an Investor Relations Management Plan for each of the Real Asset products where we have existing commitments from clients in Japan. The role plays a key role in influencing and pre-positioning for cross sell and reup opportunities which, in turn, will help to support long term AUM growth across the Global Real Assets platform.
The role combines Product Marketing, Investment Strategy and Investor Relations skills and requires deep subject matter expertise, the ability to drive a project and the ability to co-ordinate and work in a team. The successful candidate will work in close co-operation with many of BlackRock's teams including Global Real Assets Research and Product Strategy, Portfolio Management, BlackRock Alternative Specialists, Global Institutional and Retail Client Relationship Management, Global Consultant Relations, Investor Relations, Finance, Operations and Executive Management of our Real Assets platform. Functional Responsibilities:
- Investor relationship management. Drive the development and execution of the Investor Relationship Management Plan covering each of our Real Assets strategies in Japan including developing a deep understanding of your clients' needs and contracted reporting obligations. You will work closely with Research, Product Strategy and Portfolio Management teams around the globe to both translate and generate compelling, informative and timely updates into the performance of each of our clients' investments. Prepare and implement the client reporting calendar for all quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ongoing client mandate & relationship support. Help to solve client investment-related, business and operational issues that arise during the course of the client's relationship with BlackRock by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock (compliance, legal, operations, marketing, and sales).
- Product planning: Working closely with senior management, this role will be responsible for developing strategic plans for the establishment, positioning, approvals and launch of Real Assets products in Japan and for supporting the fundraising of these respective funds in all channels across Japan.
- Investment Strategy articulation: Including partnering with the Global Real Assets Research team to provide your clients with fresh and compelling thought leadership on the market environment, the investment opportunities and the competitive environment. When required, act as a proxy for the Director of Product Strategy in Japan, and respective Portfolio Managers in meetings with BlackRock's sales force, existing and prospective clients, and intermediaries.
- Product Marketing: including driving market planning, positioning and distribution preparation. Marketing and Communications to support brand and product development. Measurement, Tracking and Reporting, development and management of client pipelines. Creation of and regular updates to marketing materials and research-based presentation content.
- Fundraising and marketing execution: Partnership with BlackRock's various distribution and portfolio management teams; preparation and internal co-ordination of marketing materials, presentation of the investment opportunity to prospective clients, team schedule management, lead response to RFP and client due diligence requirements.
- 1-2 years of experience in Real Assets Strategy, Investment, Portfolio Management, Distribution or Consulting Role. Detailed knowledge of real estate and or infrastructure private equity and commercial lending is a plus
- Ability to understand and articulate complex portfolio management concepts effectively
- An understanding of real estate and/or infrastructure global market dynamics
- BA/BS Degree
- Fluent in both Japanese and English (speaking and written word)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.