Product Strategist, Fundamental Equities, Vice President
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Fundamental Equities sits within BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), which encompasses Fundamental and Systematic investing across Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-Asset Strategies. The Fundamental Equities business is a key division at BlackRock with over $170bn of assets under management, across 90+ strategies and over 200+ investment professionals. The Fundamental teams (FE) use traditional analytics to pick stocks and assemble coherent, deliberate and diversified portfolios. Through cutting edge technology, sophisticated models and imbedded research, our investment management approach provides superior performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand.
Product Strategists are seasoned investment professionals that partner with Portfolio Managers to deliver the firm's investment capabilities to clients. They play a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists represent their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, acting as a specialised source of product and market knowledge. They are embedded within investment teams allowing them to deliver the highest quality investment communication to all clients globally. Job Purpose/Background/Team Details:
We are actively searching for a Product Strategist for the Tokyo-based Active Equities Product Strategy team, who will focus on the following:
- As a VP on the Tokyo-based Product Strategy team, you will work closely with partners from across our global offices to lead business strategy and distribution channel development
- You will ensure we are best representing BlackRock's actively managed equity capabilities, with compelling materials and timely responses to requests. The investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products will have to be clearly articulated, as well as market views and historical trends in the asset class
- Business development will be another critical component of the role - tracking competitors, industry and market trends to help BlackRock position our product offering in the marketplace
Skills / Competencies / Experience:
- Partner with the client business, marketing, and other key partners to promote and support BlackRock's actively managed equity products in Japan
- Represent the product and the portfolio manager at review meetings, market updates and ad hoc portfolio-related meetings
- Communicate investment outlooks and market intelligence to key clients in Japan, bringing to bear the global resources of the firm
- Play a leading role in new product development from idea generation to implementation partnering with a diverse set of colleagues
- Be responsive to client requests and queries, including supporting often very complicated and deep due diligence processes
- Drive the development of product materials including slides, marketing materials, RFPs, reports and written materials
- Help define and position BlackRock's competitive advantage in the active equities fund landscape; understand industry dynamics and drivers of growth
- Engage with local and regional management in relation to business planning and updates
- Strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets, particularly equities, preferably from a product specialist / portfolio management role
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills in English and Japanese
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of markets and institutions, regulatory frameworks across Japan an advantage
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent internally and externally, and confidence in engaging with internal and external client base
- Strong organizational and project management skills including ability to function effectively within an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Integrity and fiduciary, strong work ethic and professional disposition
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form meaningful working partnerships
- Strong team player, with trust in team members to share knowledge and to be learned from them
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.