Portfolio Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Candidate with 5 or more years experience of global and/or domestic equity passive equity portfolios and 10 or more years experience in the industry. Work as a member of Global Equiy Beta Solutions team in Tokyo and the team is responsible to manage global and domestic passive equity portfolios for various types of investors, including but not limited to public/private pension plan sponsors, financial institutions and distributors of financial products for institutions and individuals. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Portoflio Manager, you will
About State Street What we do.
- Manage global/domestic passive equiuty portfolios
- Peform daily review of positions (equities, cash and derivatives) in assigned porfolios with internally developed potfolio and risk management tools
- Generate and place equity/derivatives/currency trades in accordance with cash flows and/or index/corporate events (orders are executed by trading teams located at oversea offices)
- Closely work with operations team for day to day process around transactions and settlement issues
- Support client facing team by providing comments and other inputs for reporting and attending meetings for clients
- Reguraly review investment process for improvement to mitigate potential risks while seeking opportunity to enhance efficiency
- Conduct research and/or analysis required for portfolio management with global team including Research Team located in ovserseas offices
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Deeep understanding in investment process of equity indexing
- Capability to perform and complete multiple tasks within limited time frame while maintaining high level of precision
- Insight of broader financial markets to add value on standard equity indexing
- Self motiveated good team player
- Take leadership as a senior member of the team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor or above
- 5 or more years experience of portfolio management and 10 or more years experience in the industry
- Language: native Japanese and professional/advanced English skill
- CFA, CMA or equivalent ceritificaitons preferred
- Proficient user of Excell with VBA
- Experince with data/analysis tools (Bloomberg, Factset, Barra, Axioma, etc.)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers