Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Payroll Analyst serves as the firm's subject matter expert for our Asia Pacific (APAC Region) Payrolls. They will be the sole Payroll Analyst in the region whilst part of a wider Global Payroll team with contact points in America and in Europe (EMEA Region). They will sit within the APAC Finance and Administration team in Tokyo, which is closely interlinked within the wider Finance and Administration and HR functions in the region/globally.
- Become the payroll subject matter expert for 5 APAC countries (Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Shanghai, Singapore) using outsourced payroll provider.
- Provide support for our EMEA countries payrolls as a back-up to EMEA Payroll Analyst
- Work closely with internal staff and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits, and Payroll changes are processed accurately
- Ensure payroll funding for net pay, taxes, and social charges are remitted to payroll vendor and/or government agencies on time
- Provide prompt and complete responses to employees and vendors on payroll-related questions.
- Collaborate with regional and global Benefits Teams to ensure the correct payroll treatment of benefit plans
- Work closely with other Payroll Analysts, Global Mobility, and Tax Departments, who are based in EMEA and US, to ensure correct treatment of employees on global mobility assignments.
- Partner with PWC and external payroll vendors on year-end tax reporting processes
- Partner with Accounting colleagues to answer questions related to payroll journal entries and account reconciliations
- Liaise effectively with external payroll vendors and Tax Department about tax related queries
- Update and maintain end-to-end workflows and process documentation
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations, company policies, and local labor laws and ensure record maintenance in alignment with data retention policies in APAC Region (in English and/or Japanese)
- Assist in various special projects as they arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, creation of new policies/programs, audits, ad hoc reporting etc.
- Assist with driving global payroll strategy, refining current payroll operations to streamline processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class customer service
Key experiences and qualifications
Candidates must have strong, polished communication skills, a strong desire to deliver impeccable customer service, and must be able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization. Candidates will also have strong attention to detail, basic project management skills, and the ability to multi-task. Must be able to prioritize assignments with competing deadlines, analyze complex problems and work independently at times.
Specific qualifications include:
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working in an environment that has seasonal peaks and calendar year-end deliverables
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Experience in managing and implementing projects is a plus
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior working experience in a global organization is a plus
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 2+ years of relevant APAC start to finish payroll experience
- Oral and Written communication in English and Japanese is mandatory, Chinese will be considered valuable
- Strong Excel skills and Payroll-related systems is advantageous
- Basic understanding of global mobility (shadow payrolls) will be an advantage
- Customer service orientation and ability to communicate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification (or regional equivalent) is beneficial
- University degree is valuable
Payroll Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .