Payments and Deposit Team Lead
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 17 Oct 18
Payments and Deposit Team Lead
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch :
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Effectively supervise and manage the payments section. Work closely with GDCE Team (India) to ensure all payments /reconciliations are processed daily
- Comply with Local regulations/ Intl regulations essential (AML, OFAC, FX Law etc.)
- Comply with Local clearing rule.
- Review/adjust/perform Operation Risk Management testing programs.
- Monitor all outstanding transactions to ensure all payments (for FXYCS / Foreign Currencies) are processed/released before stipulated cut off times.
- Take responsibility of BOJ NET payment through I-Start accordingly.
- Monitoring and instructing GDCE team (India) regarding Investigation matters appropriately if they require any assistance to Tokyo Branch.
- Ensure all signatures are verified / authenticity is checked for all manual payments before being scanned to GDCE Team (India) .
- Verify and p ost all entries processed during the day.
- Monitor and release items within the OFAC regulations, whenever required .
- Monitor and release items within the AOC (Account Officer Communications) queue whenever required.
- Co-ordinate closely with GDCE Team (India) and Payments staff to resolve any complex enquiries.
- Co-ordinate with GDCE Team (India) to ensure all day to day payments, reconciliation are performed on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate with GDCE Team (India) to process monthly billing .
- Work on any other projects assigned by the Manager.
- Ensure to prepare reports to the authorities.
- Work constantly on improving the STP rate of payments processing.
Key requirements :
- Having good knowledge about FXYCS/Foreign Currencies payment
- Leadership skill (experience for managing 2-3 people)
- Strong accountability and responsible towards his/her tasks
- Read/Write English skill is essential. Nice to have good English conversation ability to discuss with GDGE team.
- Good communication skill
Posting Date: 27/09/2018
1-4-1 NIHONBASHI CHUO-KU - NIHONBASHI 1-CHOME BLDG
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25