Merchant Banking Division, Real Estate Operations, Analyst/Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB MERCHANT BANKING
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. YOUR IMPACT
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) Real Estate Operations team is seeking an Associate to join the newly formed Real Estate Operations offering dedicated support for the high growth Real Estate investing business within MBD. This is an exceptionally diverse role that entails collaboration with Global Front Office, Strategists, Engineering, Controllers, Legal, Risk, Credit, Tax, Compliance & across Operational groups to facilitate business that is multi-asset, dynamic and bespoke. OUR IMPACT
The Real Estate operations team members will become subject matter experts within Operations who play a critical role in establishing new processes, transitioning functions from other parts of the business whilst supporting bespoke and varied transactions. New products/ business, entity creation, trade support & settlement, asset servicing, infrastructure enhancements and cross-regional co-ordination are core activities. The scope of the role and team is expected to evolve and expand as functions transfer into the team and scope of the real estate investment mix changes. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
This is an exceptionally diverse role that entails collaboration with Portfolio & Asset Managers, Capital Markets, Strategists, Controllers, Legal, Technologists, Risk, Credit, Tax, Compliance & cross Operational groups.
The successful individual will be expected to work in a team of professionals and be able to be commercial, critical & creative whilst ensuring the highest level of risk management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Gain an in depth & comprehensive understanding of a wide range of real estate investments, processes, bespoke transactions and corporate practices / governance
- Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter and system knowledge expertise
- Leverage your skills to decompose complex structured transactions and propose creative, robust operational solutions
- Face off with senior stakeholders and drive priorities
- Exhibit excellent judgement & problem solving skills, particularly in the context of a new team with or without existing precedents
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Candidate must be comfortable in a high pressure environment
- Confident in their verbal and written communication, especially with senior audience
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Innate curiosity and drive
- Able to work well in a team environment, cross teams and regions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity