As a Barclays Markets Operations Rigour Control Lead, you will be partnering with trading, sales and other stakeholders across the three lines of defence to design, develop, and implement effective controls across market business. You will negotiate conversations and commitments with all corporate level of stakeholders to secure control projects and implementations. Therefore, you will be proficient in risk assessment and remediation of control matters.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding and implementing a Governance framework that enables Markets to achieve its business goals in a safe and controlled manner, within the risk appetite of the firm
- Working in remediation activities as a result of regulatory requirements and/or audit identified issues, and helping to drive control initiatives globally
- Working with business and functions to compile reports on the status of Governance for the business line Risk and Control meetings, and regulatory enquiries
- Helping to ensure the Asia Markets business has documented processes, procedures, risk assessment and controls stored appropriately and evidenced in accordance with regulations
- Ensuring the business can identify, design and implement appropriate business controls, testing and quality assurance that ensures risks are flagged and highlighted
- Helping with thematic control remediation programmes to provide input for the Asia Markets business and to assist in the coordination and completion of remediation activities
- Engaging with the global Markets Ops Rigour team to provide regular feedback on control initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Experience in implementing new frameworks and processes that are innovative and enablers of growth in control environments
- Experience of using technology to best advantage to minimise manual tasks and improve quality of information
- Experience in a control, governance or oversight function
- Awareness of relevant local Regulators and experience in dealing with Regulatory requests
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Japanese language and English language skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid governance ethics
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all areas and levels of the organisation
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.