Managed Service - Tokyo
Your Team responsibilities
Managed Services Delivery (MSD) team is responsible for MSCI clients' outsourced operations across multiple product lines. This mainly includes but not limited to end-to-end workflows for risk analytics clients that consist of holdings and positions upload, data reconciliation, analytic content QA and production of risk reports. The team is global based with locations in Mumbai and Monterrey (Mexico), Budapest, Tokyo and New York. Individuals within MSD have diverse range of expertise in fields such as quantitative finance, data, process engineering and technology. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
Your key responsibilities -
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Overseeing data management and reporting service for large Japan based banks and Asset Owners. Identify, track and resolve operational issues and ensure performance expectations are tracked and delivered.
- Responsible for managing the client's portfolio holdings upload and instrument specific term-and-conditions data into MSCI's risk and portfolio analytics tools.
- Produce risk reports plus troubleshoot and escalate any production issues with analytics tools and the underlying analytics.
- Managing any client issues end-to-end right from providing zero level support to escalating it to the right teams within MSCI for the quick closure of these issues
- Conduct regular monthly calls with the client and act as a single point of contact for the client. Explain report content and risk analytics to the client; therefore, he or she must understand the main principles of risk management and be well versed in valuation theory of financial instruments, ranging from plain vanilla types to derivative products.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Work closely with the financial engineering and system integration teams of MSCI to devise and set up asset modeling and proxying solutions for financial instrument rejections arising during data loading process.
How we'll support you
- 3 - 5 years of experience in investment industry with a focus in risk, operations or system implementation
- Degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related disciplines. Post graduate degree or industry certifications like CFA/FRM preferred
- Prior experience working in a global financial institution that requires collaboration across locations and time zones
- Work or educational background in US or other developed financial markets is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of market risk measurements like VaR, duration, Greeks, stress testing etc.
- Background in risk management, systems integration, and/or financial reporting will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English with client facing experience.
About MSCI and our teams:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.