Investment Management Division, GSAM, AIMS, Client Portfolio Solutions, Associate- Tokyo
Goldman Sachs Asset Management
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals. Investment Management
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Alternative Investments and Manager Selection Group (AIMS)
provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With professionals in offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on alternative investments and traditional long-only managers through the AIMS Hedge Fund Strategies, AIMS Private Equity Group, AIMS Real Estate Investment Group, and AIMS Global Manager Strategies programs. Responsibilities
- Identifying and researching prospective investors, analyzing the role of alternative investments in a client's portfolio, and working with clients and the investment teams to develop unique solutions
- Support the team's client interactions through the development and production of marketing materials, analysis and review of client portfolios, collection and analysis of relevant market data, as well as participation in AIMS strategic initiatives
- Data management and review, preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual client reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information such as performance, diversification, and portfolio holdings
- Work closely with other areas of AIMS and the broader firm including AIMS Risk Management & Analytics, Client Service teams, Fund Accounting/ Controllers, Operations, Technology, and Legal and Compliance
- Lead marketing activities on AIMS products to expand AIMS business in Tokyo through closely coordinating with investment team outside Japan
- Create product profiles, pitch books and other marketing materials focused on AIMS services, products, and performance
- Work closely with investment team members outside Japan to prepare materials for meetings with prospects and clients
- Compile analysis and custom reporting for some of the group's largest clients
- General project management
- Minimum 4 years experience in relevant business field with an experience in traditional or alternative asset classes
- Experience in reporting or product management within in Asset Management
- Native level fluency in Japanese and English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and adaptability to other software products
- Passion to alternative products
- Interest in learning technology systems
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.