See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture Department Profile
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 investment banking and capital markets professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recogni z ed for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure. Responsibilities:
• Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory)
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner
• Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups Qualifications:
• A solid academic background including a bachelor’s degree. A n MBA or equivalent is helpful
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience is required
• Fluent in Japanese and English; ability to communicate effectively in additional languages is helpful
• High level of analytical and modelling skills – these are critical to success as an Analyst/ Associate
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyze and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Solid work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented with first class organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Passionate team player able to work effectively in a team environment Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).