As a Barclays Investment Banker, you will be part of the Japan Banking Franchise in day to day transaction execution and management. You will assist in coverage of core clients together with senior staff, liaise and maintain relationships with global teams to work mostly on cross border M&A transactions while ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and policies.
The relevant regulatory qualifications can be obtained once in-situ in the role, to the extent the individual does not already hold them. The regulatory entity is the Japan Securities Dealer Association (JSDA)
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Building effective working relationships with individuals, organizations and clients
- Monitoring analysts, new grads and intern’s work schedules and assisting in their overall development
- Working closely with senior sector bankers, country coverage, and M&A colleagues to generate leads, and contribute toward the origination and execution of deal mandates
- Using your project management and multi-tasking skills to make sure the deals are managed accurately and timely
- Assisting in deal set up, compliance checks and account opening for new clients run on in-house systems
- Undertaking research on required sectors and preparing materials for client presentations, while attending client meetings, presentations and pitches
What we are looking for:
- Working experience in Investment Banking, with knowledge banking products: M&A, Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, and Risk Management
- Japanese written and spoken fluency is a must, English business level and above
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid relationship building abilities
- Working knowledge of valuations and presentations, and deal making experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Results driven and focused on internal service quality
- Ability to work effectively with staff from a diverse mix of backgrounds and cultures
- Flexible and adaptable approach, focused on finding a solution to every problem
- University degree or above
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.